SOCIAL WORKER POSITION GILEAD HEALTH UNIT
The Tshwane Leadership Foundation (TLF) works with churches and communities for urban transformation with specific focus on social inclusion – a process that integrates socially vulnerable people creatively, and prevents displacement as much as possible.
The Tshwane Leadership Foundation seeks to appoint a Social worker for Gilead Health Unit, based in Pretoria.
Gilead Health Unit, providing a holistic awareness and prevention programme (HCT and mobile Service), hospice and palliative care (IPU), outpatient and residential care for people with psycho-social disabilities, has a position available for a Social worker to commence duties on as soon as possible
- Provide counselling; facilitate support groups and community work.
- Develop IDPs and prepare reintegration into broader society; Family reconciliation and reintegration
- Referral to community resources, follow-ups.
- Compile and submit reports.
- Networking on all relevant levels.
- Perform other duties, as and when so requested, in support of team goals.
- Supervision of the psycho-social team
- Relevant degree in Social Work.
- Registration with SACSSP with proof of payment of annual fee.
- Knowledge and at least 3 years experience in Mental Health and hospice or rehabilitation programmes
- Knowledge and application of all relevant Acts.
- Have worked with vulnerable and marginalised communities.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Being flexible and adaptable to situations.
- Having a driver’s licence will be an added advantage.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong communications skills.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to interact effectively with people of diverse ages and cultures.
- Reliable, punctual and dependable.
- Ability to develop relationships with stakeholders in the community.
- Computer literacy.
- Good organizational and communications skills.
- This is a full-time position (40 hours per week). The successful candidate will receive an initial 6 months performance-based contract in line with the organizational policy. If both parties agree, this will be followed by an 18 months contract before becoming a permanent staff member.
- Starting date: ASAP
- Salary: R 12.000/ month (total cost to company)
- Closing date for applications: 16 August 2019 (Friday)
Kindly send your application with a motivational letter and the job title as a reference to HR Office: email@example.com
Or submit your applications at TSHWANE LEADERSHIP FOUNDATION OFFICES: 288 Burgers Park Lane. Pretoria Central