Isithebe (an IsiZulu word meaning the Bowl) was officially launched in June 2009 as a Strategy and Management Support Unit for TLF. Its strategic goal is to provide, develop and connect proactive leadership within the organization. Isithebe strengthens and deepens the unfolding work of the entire movement.
It is tasked to develop flat structures and policies that will avoid cost duplication and escalation, and at the same time provide empowerment and spiritual nurture for the staff. Isithebe provides functional management, administrative and logistical support to TLF programmes on an ongoing basis. The unit also manages all internal events. The motto of the unit is “Serving with Excellence” thus ensuring all TLF communities are equipped to provide effective and efficient service. Through this Isithebe makes R1 work thrice in the field, putting donor funds to an effective usage.
SERVICES / PROJECTS
- strategic leadership and management (including strategy development, implementation and monitoring and evaluation)
- resource development and financial management
- strategic human resource management
- assets and logistical management
- policy development and implementation
- administration management
- information communication technology management services (IT)
- hospitality and internal events management