Gilead Health Unit
In 2005 TLF started to address HIV/Aids in the inner city in a multi-organisational partnership. Through the support of strong partners such as USAID we were able to develop a holistic HIV/Aids programme including awareness raising, prevention, residential and home based care.
Our health unit currently manages Rivoningo Care Centre, accommodating 20 homeless people who are diagnosed as terminally ill.
Gilead, community house for 20 psycho-social disabled people started in February 2011 to assisting towards independent living and re-integration into society. We further provide long term care for 10 older people with psycho-social disabilities.
SERVICES / PROJECTS
- HIV/Aids awareness. education and prevention
- provision of holistic palliative care and support
- HIV/Aids counselling and testing
- TB screening
- Care for orphans and vulnerable children
- Social services
- Residential care for psycho-social disabled people